Very large amounts of data are generated by stock movements in the WMS – every single change in inventory, every movement and every transport is recorded. The MIA WMS lets you quickly access this data and evaluate the mine of information available, due the clever way data is stored. This gives you high-performance and transparent display of this data in the MIA Cockpit. And of course you have the option of evaluating this data, alongside other key performance data for your company, using the BI tool of your choice.
Bookings running to10s of thousands a day are commonplace. Even with a medium-sized WMS system that uses several employees and an automatic transport or picking system, this level of bookings can be reached very quickly.
Detailed information on bookings
The booking history provides you with an easy way to analyse every single stock movement and change in inventory over time.
- Deposits on and withdrawals from your loading devices
- Bookings for specific incoming or outgoing goods and inventories, etc.
- Transports and movements of goods
For each booking the corresponding reference is stored that is also linked directly in the cockpit.
Optimum performance with the MIA cockpit
As a user, the excellent performance and level of detail available to you is very tangible.
You can perform a search against all specific booking attributes:
- Booking date, time and type (picking, storage, transport, etc.)
- Changes in inventory (quantity differences with from and to details)
- Storage attributes such as loading device ID, storage location, article number, batch, expiration date, etc.
The detailed view gives you a compact list with all relevant information about the booking. Links in the MIA Cockpit enable direct navigation to the corresponding references (incoming goods, order, item, etc).
Document-oriented data storage enables high-performance access
Conventional, relational database systems are not designed to meet this requirement. The key word here is NoSQL or document-oriented databases, which are typically used in a big data environment. Document-oriented data storage represents the core technology for evaluations and key data as well as for the booking history.
There are no additional license costs for you with respect to the database, you only need to provide the infrastructure – ideally a medium performance server of your own. The storage capacity required depends on the desired length of the storage period for the data.
- Documentation of every goods movement and booking
- Search for reference numbers (incoming goods notification, outgoing goods number)
- High-performance access through the MIA cockpit
- Optimum storage in a document-based database
- Low infrastructure requirements
- Accessibility for BI tools